Search information pages
4. Does Chemistry Central offer discounts on article-processing charges?
Chemistry Central Journal offers various discounts on APCs, which are outlined below. The discounts are exclusive of each other and cannot be accumulated.
|Discount reference||Discount amount||Notes||Qualifying journals|
|Supporter Member discount||15% on full APC||Submitting author must be from Supporter Member institution.||All journals published by BioMed Central|
Please note that if the submitting author's organization is a Chemistry Central Member, the cost of the article-processing charge is covered by the Membership. Please check if your institution is a Chemistry Central Member.
- Why do Chemistry Central journals have article-processing charges?
- What do the article-processing charges pay for?
- How much is Chemistry Central Journal charging?
- Does Chemistry Central offer discounts on article-processing charges?
- How do Chemistry Central's charges compare with other publishers?
- Are any taxes included in this charge?
- To which articles will this charge apply?
- Why a flat charge rather than one based on page numbers?
- Who is responsible for making the payment?
- Which funding agencies explicitly allow direct use of their grants to cover article-processing charges?
- How do I pay?
- Can charges be waived if the author cannot pay?
- Will I have to pay if my institution is a Member?
- Will the APC rate I am given at submission change?
- Do authors from low-income countries have to pay APCs?